Saturday, 19 November 2016
Easy Chocolate Afghan Biscuits
This is another of my cheats recipes.
When I was a child, my favourite biscuits were chocolate afghans. I would beg Mum to make them all the time but they have been forgotten until recently.
Here is my version based on the cheats recipe- link below.
1 packet of cheap chocolate cake mix.
1 tablespoon cocoa (to make them extra chocolatey.)
2 cups cornflakes
125 g butter
2 cups of icing sugar mix
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 tablespoon butter softened
125g pecan or walnut halves.
1. Lightly crush cornflakes until they are reduced to approximately one cup in volume.
2. Mix cornflakes, 1 tablespoon cocoa & cake mix together in large bowl.
3. Melt butter
4. Add egg to butter and mix well.
5. Mix dry mix and butter/egg together.
6. Form into balls and place on oven tray lined with baking paper. They will spread so allow room.
7. Bake at 180 celsius for 15 minutes.
8. Cool slightly on tray then on a cake rack until room temperature.
9. Sieve icing sugar and 2 tablespoons of cocoa into a large bowl.
10. Add softened butter and mix
11. Slowly dribble hot water from the tap, a few drips at a time until icing is thick, smooth and glossy.
12. Spread on biscuits.
13. Top with a nut and allow to cool.
Note: Use melted chocolate if you don't want to make icing.
Here is the link to my post about biscuits for cheats. There are endless possibilities.
Fifty Fabulous Stories: Biscuits for Cheats: This is a fabulous cheat's recipe that I learnt from John. There are so many variations you can make, all from one bag of cheap ca...