250g packet of sweet biscuits.
eg. Nice or butternut.
(note: I used gluten free gingernut biscuits from Woolthworths for this batch which were less than 250g. Reduce butter to suit.)
(note: Use less if packet of biscuits is less than 250g.
The gingernuts needed only 60g.)
200g crushed nuts
(note: I use the cheap ones from Woolworths.)
Tin condensed milk
350-450g chocolate melts (milk or dark)
1. Crush biscuits
2. Melt butter
3. Mix biscuit crumbs and melted butter
4. Push into lined 18cm x 28cm slice tin
(note: Can use different tin if you don't have this size. Depth needs to be at least 4cm.)
5. Sprinkle crushed nuts evenly over the top.
6. Pour condensed milk over the top of the nuts.
7. Place chocolate melts over the top.
(note: Lay them on as thickly as you wish. For this batch,
I did not completely cover all of the milk. It does look more
elegant if there is a smooth layer of chocolate rather than my
8. Bake at 180 celsius for 30 minutes.
9. Cool in tin, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting into squares.