Popcorn is fabulous stuff. It is gluten-free and fat-free. That is until you embellish it with butter, toffee or chocolate.
This is the old fashioned recipe that used to be on the popcorn bag from the supermarket. It is fast, easy and delicious. I used to make piles of it for movie nights with my boys.
It also makes a great gift packed in cellophane bags tied with a ribbon.
1/3 cup popcorn (If you are thinking healthy, use 1/2 cup to spread out the butter and sugar.)
Note: Use the traditional popcorn that comes in a plastic bag at the supermarket, not the microwave butter popcorn.
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp honey
1/4 crushed nuts (Optional, but nuts are delicious.)
1. Cook popcorn according to instructions on the packet. Do not add anything extra.
2. Place in large bowl. Remove any unpopped kernels.
3. Place butter, sugar and honey in small saucepan.
4. Bring to the boil. Boil for 4 minutes or until caramel colour, stirring occasionally.
Caramel is HOT!
5. Add nuts to bowl of popcorn and pour caramel over.
6. Stir thoroughly with spoon.
7. Spread out on baking tray lined with baking paper. Press down a little so that it sticks together.
8. Allow to cool for approximately 5 minutes or place in fridge for 2 minutes.
9. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Enjoy your popcorn. Annabelle.