There are times when what you really need is something sweet and delicious. Fruit and vegetables are "great" but just don't do the job when it's Sunday evening, tomorrow is the start of another working week and you feel more tired than you did when the weekend started.
Today is one of those days so a batch of quick vanilla fudge would be absolutely perfect.
400g white chocolate
250g butter, chopped
3 cups icing sugar
1/3 cup cream
vanilla essence to taste
Topping of choice such as:
hundreds and thousands
grated dark chocolate
1. Place chopped chocolate, butter, sugar and cream into a heavy bottom saucepan.
2. Stir over gentle heat until chocolate and butter have melted and mixture is smooth.
3. Simmer for 1 minute.
4. Beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes.
5. Add vanilla.
7. If decorating with hundreds and thousands, sprinkle over and refrigerate until firm.
If decorating with grated chocolate (I used dark chocolate for this batch) wait until fudge cools to warm then sprinkle over.
8. Refrigerate until firm.
9. Cut and store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
Makes about 36 pieces.